Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Well, today I am trying my hand at a meme over at The Broke and Bookish, in which we share different weekly top ten lists related to our love of books. This week the subject is:

"The top ten series you would like to start but have not yet."

Ok, here I go...

1. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling - I know, I should have done this in junior high but I have got to crack open this series! Years ago I read the very first chapters of the first book and loved it. One day...

2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien  -When I was very young my father read us The Hobbit every night before bedtime. I fell in love with Tolkien from that moment, but have only read bits and pieces of the trilogy. Must.do. this.

3. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery - I have always felt a bond with Anne Shirley.... a fellow book lover.

4. Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - I read the first book and it was a page turner, so I am interested to continue on in the series.

5. Lonesome Dove series by Larry McMurtry - Cormac McCarthy introduced me to my love of the western genre.

6. North and South series by John Jakes - I love historical fiction. This one could be great.

7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattop series by Stieg Larsson - I could not put the first book down. That being said, I am a little quesy when it comes to violence, so I am not sure if this is a series for me or not.

8. Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis - One of my all-time favorite books, and one of my favorite authors.

9. Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder - I love that this series is based on real life and focuses on the joys and heartbreak of family.

10. The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - This series I know nothing about, but have friends that tell me it is mindless, hilarious entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your link on Feature & Follow Friday, but no post! So I will post here. I love HP too! And the Hunger Games!

    New Follower by email.
    My FF
    Krista @ Breathe In BooKs

    ReplyDelete