Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer Reading


I have taken a bit of a break from blogging over the summer, but I have made up for my lack of blogging by the amount of reading I have been doing. Yes, the reading slump is over! I have read Wild by Cheryl Strayed and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie this July.

I will be reviewing Wild very soon. I am still wrapping my head around this novel. There is a lot to unpack. Agatha Christie was just what I needed after the emotional intensity of Wild; a breath of fresh air (if you can say that about a murder mystery). :)

I have been loving all things British lately...Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife and of course watching the arrival of Prince George. My Irish husband has been giving me a hard time about this! A friend suggested I try Agatha Christie since I have found a love for the British culture. I attempted Agatha Christie in high school and felt bored stiff, but this time around I could not put her down. It is funny how taste changes over time, or certain novels speak to us differently at particular times in our lives. I am excited that I have stumbled upon a new author that I enjoy!

Enjoy these lazy summer reading days. Have a wonderful weekend.

Gracie

3 comments:

  1. I love all things British too. Try Georgette Heyer, her Regency novels are spectacular, so are her murder mysteries set in early 1930's England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation! Do you have a particular book that you would suggest?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete